EAPR2011: 18th Triennial Conference of the European Association for Potato Research
The conference will take place close to one of the five High Grade Seed Potato Production Zones in Europe in the northernmost area of the world with intensive agricultural production.
Registration and abstract submission for EAPR2011 are open at www.eapr2011.com
The deadline for both early registration and abstract submission is 31 March 2011.
Some of the top things to be discussed include:
1. From genomes to practice: what should be the priorities in utilizing genomic data from the potato and its pests and pathogens?
2. Where is potato breeding going?
3. Is there a future for transgenic and cisgenic potatoes in European agriculture?
4. What can potato research do to increase potato consumption?
5. What is required from research to make potatoes a true food security crop in the developing world?
The conference homepage contains information useful for planning travel arrangements. Representatives of Oulu Congress will be in your service and happy to answer questions about travelling, accommodation, stay in Oulu, options for holiday programme in Finland, etc. Do not hesitate to contact them.
Full details are available from the conference website www.eapr2011.com