MEETINGS OF SECTIONS OF EAPR
Section Agronomy and Physiology: – The 3rd meeting of the Agronomy and Physiology Section of the European Association of Potato Research (EAPR) will take place in Riga, Latvia from September 26-29, 2016. Further details will be announced at the official meeting website http://www.eapr2016agrphys.eu – We are looking forward to welcoming you in Riga! On behalf of the Organizing Committee, Ilze Dimante and Ilze Skrabule (Institute of Agricultural Resources and Economics, Latvia)
Section Breeding and Varietal assessment: -The 18th Joint Meeting of EAPR Breeding and Varietal Assessment Section and EUCARPIA Section Potatoes. Date: November 15th – 18th, 2015. Location: Hotel Aequa, Vico Equense, (close to Sorrento), Italy. Hosted by: Domenico Carputo, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II. Contact: email@example.com – Download the First Announcement
Section Post Harvest: –
Section Pathology: 2016 in Scotland, Organizing Committee chaired by Dr. Ian Toth (Ian.Toth@hutton.ac.uk)
Section Virology: – A meeting is proposed to be taking place in 2016 in Slovenia with the coordination of Marusa Pompe Novak. More details will be announced here in due course.
Most recent EAPR section meetings have been held during the 18th Triennial Conference in Oulu, Finland.
Recent meetings have included:
- The 2010 tri-annual conference organised by EAPR-Eucarpia sections Breeding and Varietal Assessment was held in Wageningen, The Netherlands, 27–30 June 2010. The theme of the conference was: Potato Breeding after completion of the DNA Sequence of the Potato Genome. The Abstracts of the meeting are published in Potato Research (2010) 53: 199-252. http://www.eapr.net/publications/
- 14th Meeting of the Virology Section was held at Hamar, Norway, 4-9 July, 2010. Check out http://www.bioforsk.no/eapr2010 for photographs from the meeting
- EAPR Pathology Section meeting 2010 was held at Carlow, Ireland, 13-16 September, 2010. This three day meeting, jointly hosted by Teagasc and the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (Belfast), dealt with all aspects of potato pathology with a special emphasis on new threats to potato posed by changes in the behaviour of existing pests and pathogens and by new species. The presentations are available from the Teagasc website see http://www.teagasc.ie/publications/2010/20101014/index.asp
- The first meeting of the Agronomy & Physiology Section of the EAPR after the joining two sections was held at the symposium Potato AgroPhysiology 2010, in Nevsehir, Turkey, 20-24 September 2010.
- XVIII Triennial Conference in Oulu, Finland, 2011
- XVII Triennial Conference of the EAPR: July 6-10, 2008; Brasov (Romania): http://www.eapr2008-brasov.com/ In the International Year of Potato (2008), this conference was organised to be an interactive forum where scientists and potato experts can meet and share their thoughts and identify solutions for “a potato in a changing world”.
Minutes of the 18th General Meeting – Brasov 2008:
Click image or download here: [pdf format]