Principal Plant Virologist
Fera Science Ltd.
York YO41 1LZ
Phone: (+44)1904462747 – firstname.lastname@example.org
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 16th triennial meetingof the Virology Section of the European Association of Potato Research (EAPR), which will be combined with the 8th annual meeting of PVYwide organization. The meeting will be held from May 31st till June 3rd 2016 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The meeting will cover different aspects of virus research in potatoes, ranging from diagnosis and detection to plant-virus interactions. We encourage scientists, students, growers, seed potato producers and plant health officers to attend this meeting.
Update March 18, 2016: Abstract submission deadline postponed to March 30, 2016!
See important dates and more detailed information such as the First Announcement on the meeting website: http://www.eapr2016.si/
We are looking forward welcoming you in Ljubljana. Adrian Fox, on behalf of the Virology Section of EAPR; Christophe Lacomme, on behalf of PVYwide organization; Marusa Pompe-Novak, on behalf of Organizing committee
Past Section meetings EAPR Virology:
The Virology section held a business meeting at the 19th Triennial Conference in Belgium
18th Triennial Conference in Oulu, Finland
The 14th Meeting of the Virology Section was held at Hamar, Norway, 4-9 July, 2010.
- Check out http://www.bioforsk.no/eapr2010 for photographs from the meeting
The 13th EAPR Virology Section Meeting, 17-22 June 2007, Coylumbridge, Aviemore Scotland, United Kingdom:
- web site address for meeting http://www.eaprvirology2007.org.uk
- record of meeting: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9621212@N05/sets/72157600631418089/
- pdf of presentations http://www.eaprvirology2007.org.uk/EAPR_abstracts&presentations.htm
The 12th EAPR Virology Section Meeting, 13-19th June 2004, Le Tronchet, France:
- web site address for meeting http://w3.rennes.inra.fr/eapr2004/index.htm
- photographic record of meeting http://w3.rennes.inra.fr/eapr2004/photohtm/index.htm
Abstracts/Proceedings of Section Meetings:
- 13th EAPR Virology Section Meeting Abstracts, UK (Scotland) 2007.
- 12th EAPR Virology Section Meeting Abstracts, FR 2004.
- 11th EAPR Virology Section Meeting Proceedings, CZ 2001.
- 2007. 13th Virology Section Meeting Report, UK (Scotland)
- 2004. 12th Virology Section Meeting Report, FR
Business meeting documents
Section Chairmen (current and past)
- 1963-1966 A Rozendaal, Agricultural University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- 1966-1969 Dr O Bode, BBA, Braunschweig, Germany
- 1969-1975 Dr JA de Bokx, IPO, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- 1975-1981 Ir A Sinnema, NAK, Emmeloord)
- 1981-1987 Dr Y Robert, INRA, Le Rheu, France
- 1987-1993 Dr Hans Weidemann, BBA, Braunschweig, Germany
- 1993-1999 Dr Enrique Ritter, CIMA, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- 1999-2002 Dr Camille Kerlan, INRA, Le Rheu, France
- 2002-2008 Dr Colin Jeffries, SASA, Edinburgh, United Kingdom (Scotland)
- 2008- ____ Dr Carl Spetz, Bioforsk, Ås, Norway