The Association has three membership categories: Ordinary, Sustaining and Honorary membership. Although membership is open to both European and non-European individuals or organisations, only Europeans can hold official office, such as membership of the EAPR-Council. At present the Association has over 210 Ordinary members, 10 Sustaining members and 9 Honorary members. Membership is drawn from many countries in all five continents.
- Ordinary membership is open to any individual supporting the aims of the Association.
- The annual subscription is 60 euro (young and retired scientists pay 40 euro).
- Members receive a print copy of Potato Research free of charge.
- Members are allowed to participate in the Triennial conferences and Section meetings at members rates.
- Membership includes online access to Potato Research, Euphytica and American Journal of Potato Research
- Sustaining membership is open to any individual, body or company supporting the aims of the Association.
- The annual subscription is a minimum of 450 euro.
- Sustaining members receive two print copies of Potato Research free of charge.
- Sustaining members are permitted to send any number of participants from their organization to the Triennial conferences or Section meetings at members rates.
- The Association owes much to its Sustaining members. Without their financial support, many activities, such as the publication of Potato Research would not be possible.
- The Association may appoint outstanding persons who have significantly contributed to matters relating to the potato and to the Association as Honorary members.
- Honorary members have the rights of the Ordinary members but do not pay the membership dues.