Villers Saint Christophe, France
Year after year, PotatoEurope is become the most important international field exhibition of the year for the potato industry. It occurs usually in the first part of September in a round cycle between the four countries Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands. The 2020 event will take place in the North of France, at Villers Saint Christophe, the 2nd and 3rd of September. It is organised by ARVALIS-Institut du vegetal with the support of the whole French potato Industry.
15,000 visitors including 3,000 from 50 other countries are expected there during these two days to discover on over 40 hectares area a lot of interest centres and innovations for the potato sector:
- A technical space dedicated to innovation: genetics resources and species innovations, disease prevention and protecting cultivations, managing water, fertilisation, cross-breeding, storage and preserving tubers,
- Machinery demos on harvesting, grading and optical sorting,
- Conferences on current issues,
- 400 exhibitors covering the different aspects “from farm to fork” of the potato production,
- The trade village, a crossroads of international exchanges.